Let me introduce you to my new home… Welcome to the Peace House!
Located in the middle of no-where, right around the corner from who the heck knows, next to old mates place, you will find COMA 6. COMA 6 is a steel factory, and Peace House used to be the quarters of some of the workers, although I am fairly certain they live in the fancy building across the driveway. Currently the back of COMA 6 is under construction 24 hours a day.
We have three floors and a roof top, that’s pretty spesh.
We often run out of water, and well the power goes off pretty regularly. Now there is double the amount of people from when I started so we will see if the regularity increases.
One half of the 15 bed dorm. The blue things hanging from the ceiling are mosquito nets, as we have to keep all the windows open as there is no air conditioning.
The better of the four showers, actually you can't really see how grubby it is in this photo... oh well..
Where breakfast is served, also where King Rat likes to hang out.
The other place Rat King likes to hang out, this is where the left overs from lunch are kept, in the refrigerated glass cabinet and then served again for dinner. Oh sorry, did I say refrigerated? My bad...
The delightful kitchen.
Where we wash up with cold water.
The food preparation table.
Water storage facilities, aka hallway.
Volunteer refrigeration options. They smell incredible when the power goes off for a few hours. I would love to bottle that shit and send it home. Fridge panther, the new improved sex panther smell.
Third floor mould, been working on this one for at least two weeks.
Laundry / shower.
Don't worry, you don't have to miss out, for a mere $570 p/month you can live here too, I am sure Rat King would love to show you around, but be careful Barbara the House Bat might get jealous. We are conveniently located close to the road, and anyone that has been to Vietnam you will know how much they love their horns.
I am learning that there is a hierarchy of horns. Normal for a moped, some weird multi-horn for taxi's and air-horn for trucks! They are my favourite.









No comments:
Post a Comment